“Pulav means rice is cooked in seasoned broth” as wikipedia says. We are adding vegetables to it, so called veg pulav. It is so simple and yet delicious. Veg pulav is very easy to prepare. It can be prepared in pressure cooker or in normal cooking pot.
Veg pulav goes well with raita or any curries. Best for tiffin boxes or easy dinner.
You are requested to check my other recipes
- Veg biryani Andhra style
- Veg dum biryani recipe
- Mutton dum biryani recipe
- Jeera rice recipe
- Different rice recipe
Step by step procedure to make veg pulav recipe:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Rice: 2 cups(basmati)
- Carrot: 1 medium, chopped in cubes
- Beans: half cup, chopped in 1 inch size
- Green peas: half cup, washed
- Green chilles: 3 nos, slit (optional)
- Cashew nuts: 10 no.s
- Cardamom (Elachi): 2
- Cinnamon stick (dalchini): 1
- Star anise (chakra phool): 2
- Bay leaf (tej patta): 1
- Cloves (Lavang): 3
- Black pepper (Kali mirch) : 4
- Shajeera: 1 table spoon
- Corainder leaves: half cup, finely chopped
- Salt: as required
- Soak rice for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In cooking pan heat, 1 table spoon of ghee and 2 table spoons of oil. Add whole spices (cardamom, cloves, Bay leaf, star anise, cinnamon stick, black pepper, shajeera) and cashews . Saute for a while.
- Later add carrot cubes saute for 5 minutes. Then, add green peas, beans and green chilles ,saute for 5 minutes.
- Then add rice and fry for 5 -7 minutes. Now, add coriander leaves and stir well. Add 4 cups of water and bring it to boil. Add required salt an sitr well.
- Now reduce the flame to low and cook till rice completely done.
Delicious veg pulav is ready to serve. Serve hot.
- If you are using pressure cooker, after adding water to rice , close the cooker lid and wait for 3 whistles.