Tomato Curry is one of my favourite curry. We can prepare this tomato curry very quickly and taste is also superb. For bachelor’s , office going women it is best curry for their hurry time.. with very little ingredients are enough to prepare this tomato curry..
We can add other vegetables also along with this. That is drumsticks, green peas or boiled eggs can be added for additional and different taste. Here I am preparing with only tomatoes. You can add red chilli powder instead of green chillies in this procedure..
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Equipment required: curry pan
Serves : 3
- Onions: 2 large, finely chopped
- Tomatoes: 3 large, medium size chopped
- Green chillies: 2/3, sliced
- Garlic cloves: 5, crushed
- Cumin seeds: 1 table spoon
- Red chilli: 2
- Curry leaves: few
- Turmeric powder: 2 table spoon
- Milk: 1/2 cup (optional)
- Coriander leaves: half cup, finely chopped
- Salt : as required
- In a heavy bottomed curry pan add 2 table spoons of oil, once hot add garlic cloves, cumin seeds, red chilli, Curry leaves saute for 1 minute .
- Next add chopped onions, turmeric powder, green chillies and salt saute for 5 minutes.
- When onions are turned to golden brown add tomato pieces saute for 10 minutes.
- When oil releases from tomatoes add 1 cup water and milk give a stir and bring to boil. Then simmer the flame and cover with a lid cook for 10 minutes.
- Finally add chopped coriander leaves and adjust salt..
Serve hot with rice or roti….
Cooking should be done on medium flame.