Stuffed bhindi with peanuts or bharli bhindi is a delicious crispy , juicy stuffed lady fingers along with crunchy peanut chunks, that are pan fried. It is a very easy recipe, we can serve this stuffed bhindi as a side dish for curries or sambar, rasam or khadi.
I am using red chilli powder, corainder powder, salt for stuffing, and coarsly grounded peanut powder at the end of the cooking. This peanut powder gives you an amazing taste and it is super healthy too.
We can also prepare this stuffed bhindi with besan/ chick pea flour also. This besan stuffed bhindi is called as bharwan bhindi. I will upload this bharwan bhindi recipe post soon.
Complete details to make stuffed bhindi with peanuts (bharli bhindi):
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Bhindi (ladies finger): 250 gms , washed
- Whole red chillies: 2
- Cashews: 8 no.s
- Roasted peanuts: 1 table spoon, make coarse podwer
- Red chilli powder: half table spoon
- Turmeric powder: half of table spoon
- Coriander powder: 1 table spoon
- Salt : as required
- Wash bhendi and dry on kitchen towel.
- In a bowl, mix turmeric powder, corainder powder, red chilli powder and salt.
- Now cut the both ends of lady fingers. Now slit them length wise.
- Now put some mixed spice powder in the centre of bhindi and repeat this procedure for remaining bhindi’s and set aside.
- Heat 2 table spoons of oil in a kadai, now add cashews and saute well. Later add stuffed bhindis and saute for 12-14 minutes. Lastly add coarsly grounded peanut powder and mix well. Adjust salt and chilli powder, switch off the stove.
Delicious stuffed bhindi is ready to serve. Serve hot with rice or roti.