When it comes to non-vegetarian recipies, chicken curry places the first. It can be made in wide varieties of methods. Here, I am presenting a simple method for preparing finger licking chicken curry. This doesn’t require any prior cooking expertise, ideal for newly married women and homesicked bachelors.My husband, who doesn’t like to eat non veg recipes, now he is regular fan of this chicken curry and he always ends up in finger licking whenever I prepare this curry. That’s a success story of this curry, originated at my home.
To make a long story short, it initially requires sauting of onion masala paste, turmeric powder, salt and chicken pieces together for 15 – 20 minutes on a low flame.Later add tomato pieces and cook for 5 minutes.Next add coriander,red chilli and masala powders. Cook for 10 minutes, then add water until pieces are completely dipped in the water and bring the contents to boil. Once it starts boiling, reduce the flame to simmer and cook till desired consistency appear..This can be prepared using either curry pan or pressure cooker. The detailed method described below.
It’s very easy to prepare. Enjoy the aroma while cooking. So start cooking and have fun. For more non vegetarian recipes go to different non vegetarian recipes with simple recipe procedures.
Calling all food bloggers, culinary aficionados and self proclaimed master-chefs!
The Iron Chef contest is an initiative by Livogen to spread the awareness, about the importance of iron in the diet and crowd-sourced iron rich recipes. Simple lifestyle and dietary changes can help one go a long way in fighting Iron Deficiency. Submit your entry by clicking below link
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Equipment required: pressure cooker/cooking pan
- Chicken: half kg, cleaned and washed
- Onions : 3, chopped
- Tomato: A slice, finely chopped
- Ginger: medium sized piece
- Garlic cloves: 8
- Turmeric powder: 1 table spoon
- Coriander powder: 1 table spoon
- Red chilli powder: 1 table spoon
- Masala powder: 1 table spoon
- Salt: as required
- Coriander leaves: half cup
- Firstly in a mixture jar add chopped ginger, garlic cloves ,chopped onions and make a fine paste.
- In a pressure cooker, add 3 table spoons of oil, once it becomes hot add above onion paste saute for 2 minutes.
- Add washed chicken pieces, turmeric powder and salt cook for 15 minutes. stir in between..
- Now add finely chopped tomato pieces saute for 2 minutes
- Add coriander powder, red chilli powder, masala powder saute for 5 minutes.
- Adjust chilli , salt and masala based on your taste
- Now add 2 cups of water to above contents, close the cooker lid. Wait for 5 whistles on a medium flame.
- When complete pressure goes out open pressure cooker lid and adjust salt. Add chopped coriander leaves.
- If gravy is thin then put it in simmer till desired gravy consistency appears.
- If too thick add little water and put it in simmer for 1 minute
Serve hot with rice or roti…