Sesame seeds and peanut chutney is one of the healthy chutney. For kids this chutney is very good. Because kids don’t eat sesame seeds normally. So try to use sesame seeds in curries and chutney’s. So that kids will like to eat these recipes. And good for them too.
Procedure for this sesame seeds and peanut chutney is very easy. Roast peanuts, sesame seeds, split Bengal gram, coriander seeds, curry leaves. Make a fine powder of these roasted ingredients. By adding salt, tamarind pulp and water to this powder and make a fine paste.
The taste of this sesame seeds and peanut chutney is very delicious. This goes well with idly,dosa uthappam and wada recipes.. By adding red chillies while roasting the ingredients, adults can also have this chutney. Because sesame seeds and peanuts are very healthy. So anyone can have this chutney.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Equipment required: frying pan
- Raw peanuts: half cup
- Sesame seeds: 5 table spoons
- Split black gram: 1 table spoon
- Split Bengal gram: 1 table spoon
- Coriander seeds: 1 table spoon
- Curry leaves: few
- Coriander leaves: half cup
- Raw tamarind: 2 pieces
- Salt : as required
- In a frying pan add 1 table spoon of oil, once it becomes hot add peanuts roast for 1 minute.
- Add sesame seeds and roast for 1 minute. Later add split Bengal gram and split black gram, roast for 3 minutes.
- Later add coriander seeds and curry leaves saute for 3 minutes. Entire procedure should be done on slow flame.
- Now take these roasted ingredients into plate and let them cool.
- In a chutney grinder add the cooled ingredients, salt, tamarind, coriander leaves and make a fine powder.
- Now add half cup water and make a fine paste. Adjust salt.
Now delicious sesame seeds and peanut chutney is ready to serve.