Red peanut chutney also known as red palli chutney in Andhra is must have chutney for breakfast recipes like idly, dosa, vada, Uthappam,upma etc.
Red peanut chutney consists of roasted peanuts, split bengal gram and red chillies. It gets red colour beacuse we are using red chillies.
You can try different chutney recipes using peanuts. To bring sour taste to the recipe, use tamarind or lemon 🍋. You can also add coriander leaves, then chutney color will be slight greenish.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Equipment required: frying pan
- Peanuts: 1 cup
- Split bengal gram(Channa dal): 1 table spoon
- Split black gram(urud dal): 1 table spoon
- Red chillies whole: 6
- Coriander seeds: half table spoon
- Curry leaves: handful ✋
- Tamarind: 1 pinch
- Salt: as required
- First heat the frying pan, add 1 table spoon of oil. Then pour peanuts to roast for 1 minute.
- Next add Channa dal, urud dal and fry for 1 minute.
- Next add red chillies, curry leaves and coriander seeds. Roast for 1 minute. Now switch off the stove and take these roasted ingredients into plate and let them cool.
- Now in a chutney jar (small jar of mixture grinder) add cooled ingredients, tamrind flake and salt.
- Now make a fine powder. Next add half a cup of water and make smooth paste. ( Add water according to desired consistency). Adjust salt finally.
Now delicious red peanut chutney is ready to serve.
Red peanut chutney goes well with idly, dosa, upma, vada, etc.