Saturday, 20 October 2018
Recipe for rice kheer
Kheer is one of the best sweet recipes of India and routinely prepared for almost all Indian festivals and happy occasions. It is the simplest and easy to prepare recipe. There are different variants of kheer recipes to prepare. Amongst them, the most popular is rice kheer.
Rice kheer is prepared with rice, milk, sugar/ jaggery. It can also be prepared with condensed milk. Here, I am presenting rice kheer recipe with jaggery. Jaggery is very healthy ingredient and rich source of iron.
In south India, rice kheer/ pongali/ pongal is prepared for most of the festivals as prasad (offering to god).The procedure is very simple. Please read the below instructions to make rice kheer/ pongali /pongal.
Personal suggestion: I love to have kheer along with medu vada, it is an awesome combination. must try it.
You can also check my other recipes
Recipe for rice Kheer with jaggery (pongali /pongal ):
Preparation time: 30 mins
cooking time: 20 mins
- Rice: 1 cup (raw rice)
- Milk: 1/2 ltr
- Jaggery: 1.5(one and half) cup (grated jaggery)
- Water: 1/2 ltr
- Cashew nuts: 6 ( cut into pieces)
- Raisins: 6
- Cardamon powder : half tea spoon
- First mix milk and water in a large bowl and bring it to boil.
- If you see when milk is raising, then add the washed rice while stirring and put it under simmer. Cook for 7-8 minutes. Stir in between.
- When rice is completely cooked, add cardamon powder and stir. Switch off the stove and let kheer to come to normal temperature.
- When kheer is cooled then add the grated jaggery and mix well.
- Now take another pan and heat one table spoon of ghee on it. Then add cashew nuts and raisins and fry till golden brown color appears.
- Finally add the fried cashew nuts and rasins to kheer . Now serve hot.
1.Add greated jaggery when the rice and milk mixture little cooled.(Because when you add it to the hot mixture it may curdle.)
2.Add little sugar along with grated jaggery, if you want.
3 .Pongali along with wada (garelu) gives you a very good taste. Must try it.