Rava bonda is a quick breakfast recipe. This recipe mainly consists of maida flour and rava. It is a very tasty recipe and easy to prepare. On your lazy weekends, this recipe can be special breakfast and quick too. You can prepare this recipe as snack item.
Rava bonda is little similar to Mysore bonda, only difference is adding rava instead of maida alone. Here we keep the batter for half an hour aside which makes bonda, spongy texture from inside. You can also add finely chopped ginger pieces also for additional taste.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Equipment required: curry pan/ kadai
- Maida : 1 and half cup
- Rava(sooji): 1 cup
- Baking soda: 1 table spoon
- Cumin seeds (jeera): half table spoon
- Onion: 1, big (finely chopped)
- Green chillies: 3/4 finely chopped
- Coriander leaves: half cup (finely chopped)
- Salt: as required
- In a bowl add maida,cumin seeds (jeera), sooji rava, baking soda and salt and mix well.
- Now add finely chopped onions, green chillies, coriander leaves and mix properly.
- Now add half a cup water to the mixture, little amount at a time. Mix till the batter becomes fluffy. Remember the batter should be neither watery nor thick. Maintain medium consistency.
- Adjust salt. Now rest this batter for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Now, heat 3/4 cups of oil in a kadai in medium flame. Once oil becomes hot, add little batter in the oil. If the batter floats on the oil then we can proceed otherwise wait for a bit more.
- Now grease your palms with water or oil, make the lemon size ball from the batter and drop it into the oil. Drop 6/7 balls at a time
- Now fry till golden colour appears around the bonda. Now, remove balls from the oil and place in kitchen tissue paper.
- Repeat for remaining batter.
- If batter is watery or thin consistency then add little maida flour.
- If batter is thick consistency then add little water.