Rasam is a south Indian popular dish. Rasam is tastes good and healthy too. Rasam is very easy to prepare. Rasam goes well with rice.. some used to drink as soup.. that much yummy rasam recipie is..
Rasam is good for digestion.. In Andhra Pradesh our place, granny’s suggests to give rasam for kids from 1 year old daily in their meal because it is a very good digestive recipe.
When we feeling cough or cold we feel nothing tasty but on that rasam is fantastic recipie taste good and reliefs from cough and cold, we can add crushed ginger or pepper powder in rasam. This is cough and cold relief recipe and digestive recipe too.
With tamarind pieces, coriander powder, Curry leaves, red chilli pieces, cumin seeds and with water rasam is prepared. Very easy to prepare. We can make different type of rasam recipes like tomato rasam, ginger rasam, pepper rasam etc..
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serves : 4
Equipment required: sauce pan or curry pan
- Onion: 1, finely chopped
- Mustard seeds: 1 table spoon
- Cumin seeds: 1 table spoon
- Curry leaves: few
- Red chilli: 2 ,
- Turmeric powder : 1 table spoon
- Coriander powder: 1 table spoon
- Sugar: pinch
- Tamarind : 5 pieces or Lemon sized ball
- Coriander leaves: half cup
- Salt: as required
- In pan add 1 table spoon of oil, once hot add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, red chillies and curry leaves saute for a while, add finely chopped onions saute for 1 minute
- Now 3 or 4 cups of water (or desired quantity) and add coriander powder, turmeric powder, sugar, tamarind, coriander leaves , salt and bring to boil.
- Now simmer the flame and boil for 15 minutes.
- Adjust salt and turn off the stove. Serve hot..
Rasam is good side dish for daal, fry recipes , chicken or mutton curry….