Peanut chutney means palli chutney in Telugu , moongphali chutney in Hindi. Peanut chutney is very healthy food for children. Those kids who are refused to eat raw peanuts, this chutney along with idly , dosa or wada is good way to feed peanuts.
Peanut chutney process is very simple. we have to fry the peanuts along with split Bengal gram, split black gram, coriander seeds and curry leaves. If your child eating spicy then add green chillies or red chillies according to your kid’s spicy taste. For additional nutrition you can add cashew nuts and almonds along with peanuts.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Equipment required : frying pan
- Peanuts : 1 cup
- Split black gram : 1 table spoon
- Split Bengal gram : 1 table spoon
- Red chilli : half or 1
- Coriander seeds : 1 table spoon
- Curry leaves : handful
- Coriander leaves : handful
- Salt : 1 table spoon ( adjust accordingly)
- In a frying pan heat 1 table spoon of oil. Add raw peanuts saute for 1 minute.
- Add split Bengal gram ( chana daal/ senaga pappu) , split black gram (urud daal/ mina pappu) and red chillies saute for 1 minute. Add coriander seeds and curry leaves saute for 2 minutes. Switch off stove and let it cool.
- In a chutney mix jar add above cooled ingredients , very little tamarind pulp(1 or 2 pieces), salt and coriander leaves make a fine powder. Now add 1/2 cup water , make a fine paste.
Serve with idly, dosa or wada etc…