Palak paneer recipe
Palak paneer is one of the most famous recipes from north indian cusine. Delicious paneer(cottage cheese) in a creamy, tasty palak(spinach) gravy. This palak paneer curry gives you a restaurant style feel. It goes well with roti or rice. It is a soft curry and healthy too.
Generally palak contains bitter taste, but here we pre-boil the palak and cook along with spice powders. This will enrich the taste and reduce the bitterness. While adding paneer to the curry, either shallow fry it or add directly. To bring creamy texture, we are adding cream.
You are requested to check my other recipes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Equipment required: curry pan
Ingredients of palak paneer:
- Paneer: 1 inch cubes, 10
- Spinach (palak): 1 bunch
- Onion: 1 big, finely chopped
- Green chillies: 2
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 table spoon
- Turmeric powder: half table spoon
- Coriander powder: 1 table spoon
- Garam masala powder: 1 table spoon
- Red chilli powder: 1 table spoon
- Salt: as required
- Cashews: 10
- Kasuri methi: half table spoon
- Cream: 2 table spoons. (I am using Amul cream)
- Wash and clean the spinach leaves. Boil these leaves for 1 minute, remove from hot water and set a side.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat 1 table spoon of butter and 1 table spoon of oil. Next add cinnamon stick, cardamom and bay leaf, saute for a while.
- Add chopped onions , green chillies and ginger garlic paste, cook till oil separates. Add spice powders, salt and cook for 1 minute.
- Blend spinach leaves and cashew nuts to a smooth paste by adding little water. Add it to the pan. Saute till oil separates (stir occasionally). Sprinkle kasuri methi and stir well.
- Now add 1 cup of water , bring this to boil. Add paneer cubes and reduce the flame to low (simmer). Cook for 3 minutes.
- Whisk the cream and add to the curry. Adjust seasonings and salt. Serve hot.
Delicious palak paneer is ready to serve. Serve hot with roti or rice.