Undoubtedly pulse(dal) is a best and tasty protien rich food. We can prepare a wide variety of recipes with pulses. We can enrich this pulses recipes by adding green leafy vegetables. So now I am introducing one of the most healthy recipe-methi dal recipe andhra style. (Pappu menthi Kura / pegion peas and fenugreek leaves curry).
We cook(pressure cook) methi leaves, pegion peas along with some chopped onions and green chillies. Later, we enrich this cooked methi dal recipe by giving tempering(tadka) to it.
You are requested to check my other pegion pulse (dal) recipes
You can find many vegetarian recipes at different vegetarian recipes.
Complete details to make Methi dal recipe Andhra style:
- Pegion peas (toor dal) : 1 cup, washed
- Fenugreek leaves (Methi leaves): 1 cup, washed and chopped
- Onion: 1, sliced
- Green chillies: 4, slit
- Turmeric powder: 1 table spoon
- Coriander leaves: handful
- Salt: as required
- Garlic cloves: 6, crushed
- Whole red chillies: 2
- Mustard seeds: half table spoon
- Cumin seeds: half table spoon
- Curry leaves: few
- In a pressure cooker, add pegion peas (toor dal), onions, green chillies, methi leaves, 2 cups of water and turmeric powder.
- Now close the cooker lid and put it on medium flame. Wait for 4-5 whistles. Then turn off the flame.
- Once pressure cooker vapour completely gone, open the lid. Now add slat and mix well.
- Heat 1 table spoon of oil in a tadka pan, add crushed garlic cloves and saute for a while. Later add cumin, mustard seeds, red chillies and saute well.
- Lastly add curry leaves and coriander leaves, saute well. Now pour this tadka into cooked dal and mix well.
Healthy and tasty Methi dal is ready to serve. Serve hot with rice.