How to make Kadapa Erra Karam dosa: Dosa is the most popular breakfast and street food in south India. In Andhra Pradesh and Hyderabad streets, you can find very innovative dosas with a traditional touch. Those are like Egg dosa, pizza dosa, rainbow dosa etc. And one of these is Kadapa Karam dosa.
Kadapa Karam dosa is a special dosa is originated from Rayalaseema which is located in Andhra Pradesh. Kadapa Karam dosas are those stuffed with different chutneys. And the special one is made with Erra karam (spicy red chutney). I have given clear procedure to make this spicy Kadapa Karam dosa recipe below. You can ask doubts regarding this dosa in the below comments section.
Want to know about different dosa recipes in India then visit 10 different dosa recipes from NDTV.
You can check different street food dosas video from 99 types of different street dosas from street food channel.
You can check other dosa recipes
Step by step procedure to make Kadapa Erra Karam dosa recipe:
For dosa: 12 hours
For karam : 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Equipment required: dosa pan
For dosa batter:
- Urud dal/ black gram: 1 cup
- Rice: 3 cups
- Channa dal/ Bengal gram: 1 tablespoon
- Fenugreek seeds/ Methi seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: as required
To prepare karam for dosa:
- Onion: 1
- Tomato: half
- Red chilies: 3, whole
- Cumin seeds: half teaspoon
- Garlic cloves: 2, skin peeled
- Tamarind pulp: a small pinch
- Salt: required
- Prepare dosa batter. For dosa batter procedure go to how to make dosa batter.
- To prepare karam for dosa, heat one tablespoon of oil in a pan, add cloves and saute well. Later add cumin seeds and red chilies, saute well. Now add chopped onion pieces and fry till translucent. Then add chopped tomato and saute for 5 minutes. Now remove these ingredients from pan and let it cool.
- Now grind these cooled ingredients with a pinch of tamarind pulp, salt and with little water. Now the karam chutney is prepared.
- Heat dosa pan, pour 1 ladle full of dosa batter and spread thin dosa. Drizzle some oil at the ends of the dosa and spread one tablespoon of karam chutney over the dosa.
- Cook till nicely done. Don’t flip dosa.