How to make instant pesarattu recipe: Moong dal dosa is a easy and healthy dosa recipe. This is complete food as a breakfast to kick off your day, particularly for kids who always skip their breakfast. To make it much healthier with loaded proteins, you can prepare this recipe with moong dal sprouts.
It is a popular recipe in n Andhra, commonly called as pesarattu. Although it is an easy recipe to prepare, the authentic flavour comes only when it is prepared in a proper method. There is a common saying in Andhra “Pesarattu along with Upma is a best-ever combination for a breakfast”. I suggest my readers try this recipe. In the north, it is routinely called as moong dal cheela.
You can serve Pesarattu / cheela along with ginger chutney/ coconut chutney/peanut chutney etc. For more chutney recipes visit different chutney recipes. You can also check stuffed moong dal dosa recipe.
To make it simplify the tedious process of dosa preparation, I am presenting you an instant version of dosa by using yellow moong dal instead of green moong dal. The green moong dal takes at least 6 hours for soaking, whereas yellow moong dal will be done in just 45 minutes to one hour.
You can also check other dosa recipes:
Step by step procedure to make instant pesarattu recipe / moong dal dosa recipe:
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Equipment required: Dosa pan
- Yellow moong dal (pesara pappu) : 1 cup
- Ginger: 2 inch piece, chopped
- Cumin seeds : 1 tablespoon
- Onion: 1, finely chopped
- Green chilli: 2, finely chopped
- Salt: as required
To make dosa batter:
- Wash and soak moong dal in water for 45 minutes to one hour. Later drain the water.
- Now, add chopped ginger to soaked moong dal and make a fine paste using a grinder by adding little water (blend like dosa batter). Now the batter is ready. Add required salt and mix well.
To make Pesarattu (instant moong dal dosa):
- Heat dosa pan. Add one drop of oil in the centre of pan and rub oil with onion slice to the entire pan.
- Add one ladle full of dosa batter in the centre of the pan and swirl round to the entire pan.
- Now sprinkle some cumin seeds, finely chopped onions and green chillies. Sprinkle half teaspoon ghee or oil on the edges of the dosa. Cook till the bottom of dosa becomes golden brown and edges will be coming upwards, Now carefully flip dosa and cook for half a minute.
Now yummy Pesarattu (moong dal dosa) is ready to serve.