Hara bhara kabab recipe, is a healthy and delicious snack recipe. The primary ingredients are spinach, green peas and boiled potato. These are in green color, so called as Hara bhara kebab.Hara means green color in Hindi.
There is a wide list of vegetarian and non vegetarian kabab recipes popular in India and middle East. Kabab is originated from middle East as Wikipedia says.
These kebabs can be served as a snacks or side dish for lunch or dinner. Hara bhara kababs goes well with mint chutney or tomato sauce/ ketchup.
You are requested to check my other recipes
- Mirchi bajji recipe
- Pasata nuggets recipe
- Tamarind upma recipe
- Mysore bonda recipe
- Gobi Manchurian
- Rava dosa recipe
- And more snack recipes
- Different breakfast recipes
Step by step procedure to make Hara bhara kabab recipe:
Preparation time: half an hour
Cooking time: half an hour
- Spinach (palak): 250 gms, washed
- Green peas (matar): 1 cup, washed
- Beans:1 cup, washed and chopped in 1 inch size
- Potato: 1 medium, boiled and grated
- Corn flour: 3/4 cup
- Bread crumbs: half cup(+ 1/2 cup for rolling)
- Red chilli powder: 1 table spoon
- Cashews: few
- Salt: as required
- Add spinach (palak) to boiled water and wait for 5 minutes. Then remove from water and squeeze the excessed water from spinach (palak) and set aside.
- In a pan, heat 1 table spoon of oil and add chopped beans and saute for 2 minutes. Later add green peas and saute for 2 more minutes then remove beans and peas from pan , set aside.
- In a blender add, cooled spinach (palak), beans and peas. Make fine paste.
- In a bowl add grinded paste, grated boiled potato, corn flour, bread crumbs, red chilli powder and salt. Mix well and make lemon sized balls by applying some oil to your hands. Meanwhile heat 3 cups of oil for deep frying.
- Flatten the balls into kebab shape and roll them on bread crumbs. Now drop 2-3 kababs at a time and fry them both sides, untill golden brown appears. Then remove from oil and place kababs on tissue.
- Squeeze spinach, means no water in spinach.
- Fry each kababs for 5-6 minutes carefully, otherwise inner part of the won’t cook well.
- If kabab mixture is thin, add some bread crumbs for binding.