Green brinjals are one of the kinds of brinjals that are generally large in size. They taste good; particularly it is a delight for brinjal lover. This can be fastly cooked. Here I am using peanut and sesame seeds powder to make a recipe more delicious and healthy.
This green brinjal sesame seeds (vankaya Nuvvu pappu kura) recipe is very healthy for kids and women. Because peanut and sesame seeds are very important for kids and women. At the same time, brinjal is also a rich source of vitamins and minerals.
Procedure for this recipe is very simple. First, we dry roast peanuts and sesame seeds to make a fine powder. In a kadai saute finely chopped onions till golden brown colour appears. Next, add chopped brinjal pieces. When it’s done, add regular spice powders like turmeric, coriander, red chilli, masala powders and salt. When all the ingredients are properly cooked add peanut-sesame powder and cook for 5 minutes. Later, add little amount of water and cook.
It goes well with roti or rice. For more curry recipes go to different curry recipes with easy procedure.
you can also check different brinjal curry recipes:
Step by step procedure to make green brinjal and sesame seeds curry :
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Equipment required: curry pan/ kadai
- Green brinjals: 250 gms, chopped in medium size
- Onions: 2 big, finely chopped
- Peanuts : 1 and half tablespoons
- Sesame seeds: 1 and half tablespoons
- Turmeric powder: 1 tablespoon
- Coriander powder: 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder: 1 tablespoon
- Masala powder: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: as required
- Coriander leaves: half cup
- Firstly dry roast peanuts and sesame seeds. Let them cool. Make fine powder in mixture jar.
- In a kadai, add 2 tablespoons of oil, when oil becomes hot add finely chopped onions, turmeric powder and salt, saute till golden colour appears.
- Next add chopped brinjal pieces and fry for 7 minutes. Next add coriander powder, masala powder and red chilli powder, saute for 5 minutes.
- When all ingredients are properly cooked then add peanut-sesame powder and cook for 3 minutes. While adding this powder, continuous stirring is needed.
- Lastly, add 3 tablespoons of water and cook till desired gravy appears.
- Adjust salt and chilli. Add coriander leaves and give a stir.
Now delicious brinjal sesame seeds curry is ready to serve…
- Adjust red chilli powder, masala and according to your taste.
- When you prepare this curry for kids, replace red chilli powder with 1 or 2 green chillies.
- The recipe should be prepared on low flame.