Green beans curry is a very simple and easy to prepare with the ingredients of chopped onions, chopped green beans and spice powders.
Green beans cook fast. Pre -boiling of beans is not required. We can prepare different recipes with green beans like tomato green beans curry, green beans dry curry etc.
Procedure and ingredients are given below. If any doubt then, please drop it in comment section.
Don’t forget to check our different curry recipes in easy vegetarian curry recipes.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Equipment required: curry pan
- Green beans: 250 gms, washed, chop in 1 inch size
- Onions: 3, finely chopped
- Green chillies: 3, vertically chopped
- Garlic cloves: 5, crushed
- Cumin seeds/jeera: half table spoon
- Turmeric powder: half table spoon
- Coriander powder: half table spoon
- Garam masala powder: half table spoon
- Red chilli powder: half table spoon
- Salt: As required
- In a kadai heat two table spoons of oil. Once oil becomes hot add crushed garlic cloves and cumin seeds. Saute for half a minute.
- Now add finely chopped onions, vertically chopped green chillies, turmeric powder and salt. Saute for 2-3 minutes till oil separated.
- Now add chopped cluster beans and give a stir. Now close the lid and cook for 5-6 minutes on low flame. Stir in-between.
- When oil separated, add coriander powder, red chilli powder and garam masala powder. Give a nice stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add half cup water and 2-3 table spoons of milk(optional). Cook in low flame till desired gravy consistency appears.
- Adjust salt and chilli taste. Switch off the stove.
Delicious green beans/ Haree sem/ beans curry is ready to serve. Serve hot with rice or roti.