Gobi 65 is a starter recipe. It is a southern recipe. It’s a dry recipe and not required any sauces. It is a perfect for party snack item. It goes well with pulav. Here, I have prepared this as side dish for daal.
To impart crispyness to the recipe, use 2:1 ratio of maida and corn flour and rice flour. We use red chilli powder for spicyness. In place of red chilli powder, you can also use whole red chilli paste or green chilli paste.
So try this easy gobi 65 recipe. You can try similar snack item: chicken pakora recipe
Serving tip: serve gobi 65 hot. Otherwise it will not be crispy.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Equipment required: frying pan
Ingredients required for gobi 65:
- Whole gobi(cauliflower) : half kg
- All purpose flour or maida: 3 table spoons
- Corn flour: 1 table spoon
- Rice flour: 1 table spoon
- Turmeric powder: half table spoon
- Red chilli powder: 1 table spoon
- Coriander powder: half table spoon
- Garam masala powder: half table spoon
- Pepper powder: 1 table spoon
- Chaat masala (optional) : half table spoon
- Ginger garlic paste: half table spoon
- Whole green chillies: 2
- Curry leaves: few
- Salt: as required
Procedure for gobi 65:
- First wash the gobi and cut the florets. Now boil these florets in salted water for 3-4 minutes.
- In a bowl, add maida, corn flour, rice flour, pepper powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, chaat masala and salt. Mix well.
- Add chopped green chillies and washed curry leaves to the above batter.
- Add boiled gobi florets and mix well. Check weather florets are properly coated or not.
- Now take a kadai, add 3 cups of oil and bring it boil. Check whether oil reached boiling point by dropping a little batter. If it comes to the top surface then we can proceed. Otherwise wait for a bit.
- Now drop 6 – 7 florets at a time. Don’t stir immediately, wait for 2 minutes. Then reverse the florets. Fry till niecly roasted on both sides i.e golden brown colour appears on both sides. Then remove it on the kitchen tissue paper.
- Continue for remaining florets.
Now yummy gobi is ready to serve.