Tomato egg curry is a popular recipie common to indian households. It is easy to prepare and major ingredients are boiled eggs, finely chopped onions, tomatoes and green chillies. We are not using any spice powders here as it is a plain curry with elegant taste. Because of this easy procedure we call it as “bachelor curry”.
On lazy weekends or stressed with time, you can choose this curry to have a great meal. For bachelors it is best curry ever. As it comes to nutrition value, eggs are very rich in proteins, calcium and iron. So very good for health.
We can prepare different types of egg Curries like potato and egg curry, egg drumstick curry, egg gravy with tamarind juice etc. I will update these recipes soon.
In this preparation we fry the eggs coated with haldi in oil for better taste. If you don’t want to fry then you can use plain boiled eggs.
- Eggs: 2
- Onions: 2, finely chopped
- Tomato: 2, finely chopped
- Green chillies: 3, vertically chopped
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 table spoon
- Garlic cloves: 5, crushed
- Cumin seeds/jeera: 1 table spoon
- Turmeric powder: 1 table spoon
- Red chilli powder: half table spoon
- Salt: as required
- Coriander leaves: half cup
- Boil eggs and remove the skin and set a side.
- In curry pan add 1 table spoon of oil. Once oil becomes hot, add little turmeric powder and stir. Now add boiled eggs and them fry niecly (while frying stir constantly till eggs niecly turns out to be yellowish). Remove roasted eggs into a plate and set a side.
- In same pan add 2 table spoons of oil. Once oil becomes hot crushed garlic cloves and cumin seeds. Stir once and add chopped onions, green chillies, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste and salt. Saute for 4 minutes. Add red chilli powder.
- Once oil separates from onions, add chopped tomato pieces. Saute for 4 minutes.
- When oil separates from tomatoes add half cup water and fried eggs and high the flame.
- Once boiling is started, reduce the flame to low and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now adjust salt and chilli. Add chopped coriander leaves and give a nice stir.
Delicious egg tomato curry is ready to serve. Serve hot with rice or roti.