Crispy vegan oatmeal balls – These are deep fried balls and made of oatmeal powder and boiled vegetables, which are then rolled on oats. These healthy vegan balls are very easy to prepare. You can include your favorite veggies to it’s preparation. If you or your children like sweet potato, then you can add sweet potato or spinach etc.
These crispy vegan oatmeal balls goes well as a light evening snack or kids snack box or as a starter for parties.
You can also check my other recipes
Step by step procedure to make crispy vegan oatmeal balls recipe:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Equipment required: deep frying pan
- Potato: 1, boiled and grated
- Carrot: half, boiled and grated
- Green peas: half cup, boiled
- Cilantro / coriander leaves: handful, finely chopped
- Pepper powder: half table spoon
- Red chili powder: half table spoon
- Oats: half cup, powdered (grinded and powdered)
- Oats: half cup, uncooked
- Corn flour: 2 table spoons
- Oil: For deep frying
- Salt: as required
- In a bowl, add boiled and grated potato, carrot, green peas, oats powder, red chili powder, pepper powder, coriander leaves and salt. Mix well and then make lemon sized round balls. (add little water if required)
- In a bowl mix two table spoons of corn flour and four table spoons of water and then make corn flour paste. Now roll the ball in the corn flour paste and then roll on the oats. Repeat the procedure for remaining balls and set aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai for deep frying, once oil becomes hot, add 2 – 3 balls depending upon size of the kadai. Fry the balls on medium flame till golden brown appears. Then remove balls carefully from kadai and place them on the tissue. Repeat the same for remaining balls.
- You can add vegetables according to your taste. you can also add spinach also.