Handi is a deep, wide mouthed cooking vessel. It is used in india and Pakistan. Chicken handi with malai is one of the recipe, slowly cooked in earthware handi. But nowadays people are racing with time, thus alternatively, it is preparing in curry pan / kadai.
In the preparation of chicken handi here, I am pre cooking the chicken to make it well cooked and to easliy blend with the spices. In a pan we fry onion paste till oil separates. Later add finely chopped tomatoes, till oil separates. Later add chicken pieces. Once cooked, then add fried onions and spice powders. Next add curd to cook niecly. Now we add mince ginger and split green chillies. Once all cooked well, add little water and cook further. Finally add malai (cream) and stir well. That’s it.
We can make many varieties of chicken recipes with different variations. And ofcourse chicken recipes will loved by all, these recipes goes well with rice or roti. If you pre cook the chicken before you make curry, It give niecly cooked chicken at the end of the curry.
You are requested to check my other chicken recipes here. Or you can try my other non veg recipes.
If you try any of my recipe, then tell us how it is succeded We appreciate your feedback.
Complete procedure to chicken handi with malai :
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Equipment required: curry pan
- Chicken: half kg, cleaned and washed
- Onion: 1 big, make paste (optional)
- Tomato: 2 big, finely chopped
- Green chillies: 4
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 table spoon
- Ginger : 1 inch piece,
- Curd: 1 table spoon
- Fried onions: 2 table spoons
- Kasuri methi: pinch
- Cream : 4 table spoons
- Turmeric powder: half table spoon
- Coriander powder: 1 table spoon
- Red chilli powder: 1 table spoon
- Garam masala powder: 1 table spoon
- Cumin powder: half table spoon
- Salt: as required
- In a pressure cooker heat 1 table spoon of oil, add chicken pieces, half table spoon salt and turmeric powder. Mix well and cook for 10 minutes. Next add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat 2 table spoons of oil. Add onion paste and ginger garlic paste, cook till oil separates.
- Next add finely chopped tomatoes and fried onions, cook till oil separates. Later add cooked chicken and spice powders cook for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Next add curd, slit green chillies, mince ginger and cook for 2 minutes. Add kasuri methi cook for 1 minute.
- Finally add whisked cream and cook for 1 minute. Adjust salt and spice. Switch off the flame.
Yummy chicken handi with malai is ready to serve. Serve hot with naan, roti or rice.
- Adjust chilli powder and garam masala according to your taste.
- Use medium flame for cooking.
- I am pre cooking chicken here because you don’t feel rawness at the end.