Cheese balls are best party snack and all time favourite for kids . This is believed to be originated from United states ( but there is no exact information.) Cheese balls are deep fried balls, stuffed with boiled potato, flour , spice herbs and coated with bread 🍞 crumbs..
There are different methods to prepare cheese balls. I am preparing cheese balls here by putting cheese inside the potato and flour mixture. Some people will mix the cheese with potato mixture as well.
I will update you other variety of cheese balls, prepared with bread. There, bread paste, cheese and spice herbs will be stuffed to make round balls that will be coated with bread crumbs; then balls will be deep fried. The detailed post of that recepe will be shared later.
Cheese balls are healthy snack for children. And cheese balls are perfect for snack boxes also.
You can add your favourite ingredients along with boiled potato mixture like cooked corn, paneer etc. You can also add chaat masala to it, if you want.
When we don’t have bread crumbs, we can prepare bread crumbs with bread or rusk. Procedure is below.
Bread crumbs preparation with bread or rusk : grind the bread crumbs or rusk coarsely to get bread crumbs.
You can also check different snack recipes on healthy snack recipes
- Potato: 3, medium size
- Corn flour: 1/4th cup
- Maida/ all purpose flour: 1/4th cup
- Pepper powder: 1 table spoon
- Coriander powder: half table spoon
- Chilli powder: half table spoon (optional)
- Cheese: 2 slices or half cup of cheese cubes
- Coriander leaves: finely chopped, handful (optional)
- Oregano: half table spoon
- Bread crumbs: half cup
- Salt: as required
- Wash and boil the potatoes. When they are brought under normal temperature, remove the skin of the potatoes.
- Now, mash the potatoes properly in a bowl. Now add corn flour, maida, pepper powder, coriander powder, chilli powder, oregano, coriander leaves and salt. Mix properly. [ If you want more spiecy then you can add finely chopped green chillies].
- Adjust the taste of salt and chilli powder.
- Now take some portion of the potato mixture ( like lemon size) to your palm✋and make it flat (like this shape 🍪 with your fingers (3 inch)).
- In the middle of the roti, put small amount of cheese(1 inch size ball). Now close all the ends and make a round ball. (To avoid cheese not to come out, close it properly).
- Now coat these balls in bread crumbs.
- Prepare balls with remaining mixture.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Once oil becomes hot and reduce the flame to medium. Drop 3 to 4 balls at a time and fry till golden colour appears on both sides. ( Care should be taken while frying cheese balls otherwise cheese will come out).
- Now remove the cheese balls to kitchen tissue paper.
Serve hot cheese balls with tomato sauce and enjoy 😀