Capsicum stir fry is a quick recipe, which involves frying capsicum with onion and sprinkling over with spices and peanut powder. Besides peanut powder, using sesame seeds and Channa dal powder, enriches the taste of the recipe.
This crunchy capsicum stir fry goes well as a side dish for roti or rice. After my first experiment with this curry, it became my favourite recipe. It also goes well as side dish with sambar or rasam.
For additional richness, you can also add cashew nuts. For kids, it is a very healthy recipe because we are using peanuts, Channa dal and sesame seeds.
You can also try potato (aloo) fry recipe and broccoli stir fry recipe
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Equipment required: curry pan
- Capsicum: 3, small and chopped as 1 inch cubes
- Onion: 1 medium, finely chopped
- Cumin seeds: half table spoon
- Chana dal: half table spoon
- Raw peanuts: half table spoon
- Sesame seeds: half table spoon
- Red chilli powder: half table spoon
- Coriander powder: half table spoon
- Coconut powder: half table spoon
- Salt : as required
- In kadai, add little amount of oil and heat for 1 minute.
- Now add Channa dal and raw peanuts, fry for a half minute in a low flame. Next sesame seeds and fry for half a minute.( Till golden colour appears). Now take these into a plate and let them cool.
- In same curry pan, add 2 table spoons of oil. Once oil becomes hot add cumin seeds. Once spluttering starts add chopped onions and saute for a minute.
- Next add chopped capsicum pieces, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well and close the lid.
- Cook for 10 minutes on a low flame. Stir inbetween.
- Meanwhile make coarse powder of Channa dal, peanuts and sesame seeds by using small mixture jar or you can crush those in kitchen mortar and pestle. Don’t make a fine powder.
- Once capsicum pieces are niecly done add red chilli powder, coconut powder and coriander powder. Mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Finally add crushed nuts powder and give a nice stir. Cook for 1 minute and switch off the stove.
- Adjust salt and chilli.
Delicious capsicum stir fry with peanut powder is ready to serve.