Cabbage is a vegetable most of the people cook this very rarely. Children also not interested to eat this vegetable. But if we can make this in proper way then it will be your one of the favourite recipie.
We can make different recipies with cabbage like cabbage chana daal curry (cabbage senaga pappu kura), cabbage chutney, cabbage fry, cabbage pakoda (as a side dish) etc..
Cabbage chutney is one of the delicious chutney. Cabbage chutney taste is very similar to coconut chutney. Procedure for cabbage chutney is very simple . We can have this with rice or idly, dosa , vada etc..
We have to finely chop the cabbage for this chutney recipe and we have to fry these sliced cabbage untill raw smell goes out. Remaining procedure is as same as regular chutney recipe. Will give tadka at end of the procedure
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Equipment used: fry pan and mix jar
- Cabbage: 1/4 kg, thinly chopped
- Green chillies: 3
- Garlic flake: 1
- Tamarind: 2 little pieces
- Chana daal ( senaga pappu) : 2 table spoons
- Cumin seeds ( jeelakarra/ jeera) : 1 table spoon
- Mustard seeds ( Rai /avalu): 1 table spoon
- Red chillies: 2
- Curry leaves: few
- Coriander leaves: 1/2 cup ( finely chopped)
- Salt: as required
- First wash and clean the cabbage, chop finely set a side
- In a pan add 1 table spoon of oil, once hot add 1 table spoon chana daal and green chillies fry for 1 minute then take it into one plate and set a side.
- In the same pan add 1 table spoon of oil, once hot add garlic flake, chopped cabbage and tamrind saute for 5 minutes until raw smell goes out.
- Take this into plate and let it cool.
- In the mixture jar add fried chana daal, green chillies, coriander leaves and salt make a fine powder.
- Next add cooled cabbage along with garlic flake and tamrind make paste.
- In a tadka pan add 1 table spoon of oil, once hot add garlic cloves, chana daal, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and curry leaves saute for 1 minute.
- Pour this tadka into the above chutney.
Serve with rice, idly or dosa …