Broccoli stir fry is a very simple recipe.. we stir fry the broccoli florets and saute with little spice powders at the end, that is the method. But broccoli tastes very good and rich in iron. Broccoli stir fry recipe is a very good side dish.
Apart from taste, broccoli is a very healthy vegetable. It contains more nutrients. So try to add this vegetable in your vegetable list.
We can prepare so many varaties using broccoli. We can use in gravy recipes, vegetable biryani, veggi bake recipes etc..Try all the recipes so that you can explore different delicious tastes..
In this broccoli stir fry recipe, first we use chopped broccoli florets, cashew nuts, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder,red chilli powder and pepper powder.
Procedure is as follows: first we roast cashew nuts in 2 table spoons of oil then add half table spoon mustard seeds,cumin seeds and let them crackle. Now add turmeric powder and broccoli florets and saute for 3 minutes. Next add salt saute for 1 minute. Finally add red chilli powder, coriander powder and pepper powder saute for 1 minute. Adjust salt lastly. Now yummy broccoli fry is ready to serve…
Broccoli stir fry goes well with rice.. you can prepare this as a side dish for sambar or rasam or khadi. It goes well with roti also.
Don’t forget to visit our simple vegetarian curry recipes to know different curry recipes.
Calling all food bloggers, culinary aficionados and self proclaimed master-chefs!
The Iron Chef contest is an initiative by Livogen to spread the awareness, about the importance of iron in the diet and crowd-sourced iron rich recipes. Simple lifestyle and dietary changes can help one go a long way in fighting Iron Deficiency. Submit your entry by clicking below link
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Equipment required: frying pan
- Broccoli: 500 grams
- Cashew nuts: 8 or 9
- Cumin seeds: half table spoon
- Mustard seeds: half table spoon
- Turmeric powder:half table spoon
- Coriander powder: 1 table spoon
- Red chilli powder: 1 table spoon
- Pepper powder: half table spoon
- Salt: as required
- First add 2 table spoons of oil in a frying pan, once oil becomes hot add cashew nuts and saute till they turn into golden brown colour.
- Next add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and let them crackle.
- Now add turmeric powder saute for a while. Later add chopped florets of broccoli and saute for 4 minutes or till water in the florets evaporates.
- Now add salt and saute for 1 minute.
- Next add coriander powder, red chilli powder and pepper powder saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Finally adjust salt and chilli powder. Turn off the flame.
Delicious broccoli stir fry is ready to serve..
- If you are in diet then you can skip cashew nuts.
- Add chilli powder according to your taste. You can use 2/3 green chillies in the place of red chilli powder.