Bhindi masala dry is a popular north Indian recipe prepared with onion and tomato as key ingredients besides bhindi. We can enrich this recipe with spice powders. Bhindi/ okra is a light Vegetable but we can make different recipes using it, like bhindi fry, bhindi masala curry, stuffed bhindi etc.
Bhindi masala dry is a easy to make curry. Goes well with rice or roti. For different veg curry recipes, go to easy to make vegetarian recipes.
Preparation time: 30 minutes.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Equipment required: frying pan
- Ladies finger (bhindi/okra/ bendakaya) : half kg
- Onions: 2 , finely chopped
- Tomato: 1, finely chopped
- Greenchillies: 3, sliced vertically
- Curryleaves: few
- Turmericpowder: half table spoon
- Corianderpowder: half table spoon
- Garammasala powder: half table spoon
- Salt: as required
- First wash bhindi and dry them on a kitchen towel. Cut the edges of bhindi and chop them in 1 inch size.
- In a curry pan heat 1 table spoon of oil. Now, add chopped bhindi and saute them in a low flame till brown colour appears.
- Now remove Bhindi into a plate.
- In the same curry pan heat 2 table spoons of oil. Add chopped onions, green chillies, curry leaves, turmeric powder and salt. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Now, add corainder and garam masala powder saute for a minute.
- Now, add tomato pieces, cook till oil separates.
- Now add sauted bhindi and close the lid. Cook for 3 minutes on slow flame.
Delicious bhindi masala dry is ready to serve.