Friday, 19 October 2018.
Andhra gongura pachadi recipe:
Gongura pachadi is very famous pachadi recipe in Andhra Pradesh. It is made with gongura(red sorrel) leaves. Gongura leaves are sour in taste. And we use red chillies for spiciness and garlic cloves, cumin seeds, curry leaves and tamarind are the ingredients we use for preparation. Proper gongura pachadi taste tangy and spicy. And it’s amazing to taste. I can’t express you in words. You have to experience the taste.
I used to prepare this pachadi in thick texture. I use very less water or no water while making. Because in my family my granny’s and my mom prepare like this. And this chutney smells like sour and spicy.
Gongura is a rich source of vitamins and minerals. So consumption of these leaves is very healthy.
Apart from pachadi, gongura is used in different recipes like gongura nilva pachadi, gongura mutton and pappu gongura etc..
In olden days these pachadi recipes are prepared in mortar and pestle. Now a days we are using mixture jars but we will get the same taste.
You can also check my other recipes:
Step by step procedure to make andhra gongura pachadi recipe:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Equipment required: frying pan and mixture jar
- Gongura (red sorrel/ ambadi) leaves: 2 cups
- Garlic cloves: 4
- Chana dal: 1/2 table spoon
- Red chillies: 5
- Cumin seeds: 1 table spoon
- Curry leaves: few
- Tamarind: little piece
- Salt: as required
- Garlic cloves: 4
- Chana dal: half table spoon
- Cumin seeds: half cup
- Red chillies: 2
- First pluck the gongura leaves and wash them.
- In frying pan add 1 table spoon of oil. Once oil becomes hot add garlic cloves, chana dal saute for a while. Next add red chillies and cumin seeds saute for a while. Now add curry leaves saute nicely. Now take these into plate and allow them to cool.
- In same pan add half table spoon of oil. Once oil becomes hot add gongura leaves fry them niecly for 2-3 minutes. (After frying quantity will reduced to half). Take these into plate and allow them to cool.
- In a mixture jar add cooled garlic cloves, red chillies, cumin seeds,chana dal, curry leaves, tamarind and salt. Make fine powder.
- Now in same mixture jar add cooled gongura leaves and make fine paste.Adjust salt.
- For tampering(optional), in a tadka pan add one spoon of oil. Once oil becomes hot add garlic cloves, chana dal, red chillies, cumin seeds saute niecly. Now pour this tadka into gongura pachadi and mix well.
Now spicy gongura pachadi is ready to serve. Serve with hot rice and ghee(optional).