Alu 🥔 fry is a tasty fried recipe. It is a delicious side dish aswell for sambar and rasam. Crunchy,soft and spicy alu here will give you a nice taste. We roast potato pieces with coriander powder and chilli powder for the fantastic taste. Preparation for this alu fry is very simple.
We can prepare alu fry in different ways. Here, I am preparing this alu fry with spice powders to make it more delightful. It goes well with rice or roti.
To make this alu fry recipe, first add 2 table spoons of oil in kadai, once oil becomes hot add cumin a and mustard seeds, saute for a while, later add chopped potato pieces, turmeric powder and salt. Saute till niecly cook. Later add coriander powder, chilli powder saute for 2 minutes and serve hot.
You can also check other alu recipes at: Alu matar curry recipe
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Equipment required: curry pan
- Potato: 250 gms
- Mustard seeds: half table spoon
- Cumin seeds: 1 table spoon
- Turmeric powder: 1 table spoon
- Coriander powder: 1 table spoon
- Red chilli powder: 1 table spoon
- Salt: as required
- First peel the potatoes and wash properly.
- Cut potatoes in small size and set a side.
- In curry pan add 2 table spoons of oil, once oil becomes hot add mustard seeds and cumin seeds, let it crackle.
- Now add potato pieces, turmeric powder and salt, close the lid and reduce the flame to low.
- saute till potatoes niecly cook.But stir in between.
- Add coriander powder, red chilli powder saute for 2 minutes.
- Adjust salt and chilli, turn off the stove.
Now alu fry is ready to serve.